Now, we get the questions are-
If many things are same then what actually sets them apart?
Which technology is better for creating single page application – Angular vs React?
What kind of applications we can develop in Angular and react?
Choosing Angular or React for your project is a debating issue raised by many web developers or front-end programmers. Well, if you want to craft a strategy for building your app project, you need an experienced opinion from top experts.
In this blog, we will serve enough food for thought for you to choose the technology what fits you and your project best.
Before we address this perplexing choice, let’s first identify what these technologies are –
Features of React
React offers the following features:
- Utilities for unit-testing components
- No dependency injection
- XSS protection
Pros and Cons of React
- Easy search engine optimization
- Fast display of a great number of components
- Reusable components
- Easy debugging
- Simple UI testing
- The structure of React provides app developers with the freedom to choose
- Data changes are processed manually
- Sometimes need to write more code
- It has less features as compared to Angular
- It takes quite some time to learn
- Constant framework updates also require additional effort from the developer
Features of Angular
Angular offers a bunch of features to build a state-of-the-art product. Below are some of the features Angular can boast about:
- Routing, provided by @angular/router
- Component CSS encapsulation
- Utilities for unit-testing components.
- Dependency injection
- Ajax requests by @angular/http
- Templates, based on an extended version of HTML
- @angular/forms for building forms
- XSS protection
Advantages and Disadvantages of Angular
Below are some pros and cons of using Angular for your next project: Have a look on them:
- Fast SDLC
- Works well for single and multiple-page web apps
- Requires less code
- Good interactivity
- Perfect testing options
- Code refactoring process also becomes simpler and faster
- The structure of Angular is fixed and complex, suitable for experienced developers.
- Poor SEO options
- Slow display of a great number of components
- Learning all concepts associated with it takes much more time
- More complex to understand
- Angular is less admired than React and faces a lot of scepticism
- Angular performs worse, especially in the case of complex and dynamic web apps.
Angular does not require additional libraries. It has several functions such as data binding, component-based routing, project generation, form validation, and dependency injection.
AngularJS vs ReactJS: So, What Will You Choose?
Each framework has its own unique collection of features with its pros and cons. It’s quite difficult to answer which is the best for your project. You need to do a deep research on the required technologies depending on your project’s specifications. Below is a comprehensive list of questions that might help you:
- What is the scope of your project? How large is it?
- Are you planning to maintain your project? For how long?
- Is an SRS documentation clear? Are there any flexible functionalities?
- What functionalities, options, features do you require most of all?
- Are the business logic and domain model sophisticated?
- For what platforms (web, desktop, and mobile) are you going to develop your product?
- Will you require SEO for promoting your product? Does your project server-side rendering?
- Do you need to control real-time event streams?
- How large is your team?
- How qualified are your employees and what expertise do they have?
- Will you be provided with ready-made component libraries?
When you have requirements of a large application and you don’t want to take any risk of wrong framework for your project, you need to select some of the core functionalities and try to realize them in a simplistic manner using one of the frameworks.
React is UI development based framework that can be turned into a full-fledged solution with additional libraries. Whereas Angular is a full-fledged mobile and web development framework.
Angular is more complex than react and takes time to master. However due to this powerful tool, web development solution has become more easy for AngularJS developers.
So, there is no better framework. Both are updated continuously to keep up with the competitor. React vs Angular is all a matter of personal preference, a matter of skills and habits. You should talk to an expert web development team like Ardorsys and together choose the framework that suits all of you best, whether it be Angular or React. Contact us for more.